Little Grebe BIG Frog

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gale, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This frog was as big as the bird :>)) In fact I really did not know what he had till I got home an brought it up on the screen. Amazing these birds.

Please let me know how it looks.

Great Day at Viera. Thought I had nothing. :>)))))))))

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Another great catch Gale and I guess for the Grebe as well :biggrin:

Frog legs sticking out of his mouth are just to funny, I know I know not for the frog :eek:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ben,
    Thank You
    Yes it is Funny :>)))

Love to get them when they are fishing, and get a good catch. This Little guy should be full for awhile.
    Can not believe the size of the fish and other things birds can eat.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Holy Moly Gale. Looks like the froggy is at least putting up a fight. :biggrin:

Nice catch. :smile:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Frank,

This little bird got him pretty quick. They must be alot stronger than the size they are for sure. Did not take him long too get the frog eaten. Froggy was wiggling around for sure.

This was a fun and suprize catch for me for sure.
    This time out of the driver side window.

Gee I wonder if I should just stay in the car and shoot. Seems to work better :>)))

Thank you

6. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Gale -

Great capture! Are you sure the grebe didn't give up and spit the frog out? No way the rest of the frog fits inside that little guy!

Gordon

7. Gale I love it. Those frog legs sticking out and all. It reminded me of the green heron shot I got a while back eating the frog. I just went to a high school photo night last Thursday for the kids in art. My picture of that heron eating the frog was a huge hit with the kids. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great day, I am most envious.

8. Gale, what an awesome catch both by the bird and you! Wow, I can't believe I ate the whole thing! :)

9. Great catch, Gale! One of these days I'll need to concentrate on getting these kind of shots. Yesterday I was having fun with flight shots (and Harry's 500mm!!!)

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Gale. How come I missed that shot? Are you hogging the photo ops again? :wink:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    heehee Gordon,

He ate the whole thing. Have a few more shots of it, but not posting on dial-up. To darn slow.

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked it.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Jim,
    Yes it if really fun when you catch them ...with thier catch :>)))

Have a Great Egret with huge frog, totally back lit and totally showowed. Kinda neat though. GBH with fish. Same almost the same back lit situation, not as bad though.

Fun stuff.

Thank You :>)))

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Kevin,
    Have you posted any with the 500mm yet. I haven't seen all the posts ..

It is fun to get some action like that...I have a prob with flight and that lens though. So have to get ground action :>)))

Thanks

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi George,
    Yeah he sure ate the whole thing. Not sure how. First part went down pretty quick.. But man those long legs and feet. Geeezzz

Don't know how they do it. Pretty amazing to watch. I am learning that all birds are just pigs :>))) lololol

Thanks for the kind words.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Harry,

(actually I swiped it from your NG collection lololol)

Cheers
    See ya soon.

16. At Le Bec Fin here in Philly frog legs go for 22.00 the grebe got off cheap. WOw what a great catch.

17. Great catch, Gale!!!. Finally I can see one (Uhh, only half one) since the time we searched them in Viera.:smile:

I don't think the little Grebe is trying to eat the frog. I'm quite sure that the frog is trying to sufocate him.:biggrin:

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOL Mike,
    Expensive taste these guys have.

Thank you

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dao,
    What a way to get a photo of a frog. lolol Half eaten.

Was quite a sight, this little guy and that frog.
    Thank yoy

20. very neat capture Gale. you are getting quite a neat collection of shots going.
    Dave