1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Little Help PPing my Birdies

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Brew, May 2, 2007.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

Hi All!!!

I'm still trying to learn this Post Processing stuff and would like some input if you don't mind and have the time...

I have posted the original file right from the camera in jpg and then my PP of the file. I used layers to sharpen and adjust the lighting. I adjusted the color before making the background copies to work with.

Thanks much...

original.
    NIKON D200    ---    340mm    f/4.8    1/160s    ISO 100

original.

original.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bruce,

I don't think that you did too badly on your PP on this. I would add a little contrast, and maybe boost the saturation a bit. I would also probably do a tad less cropping on one or two of these, but overall, you are pretty close.

3. so the first bird of each is original and the second the processed one?

4. Brew

Brew Guest

Thanks Frank, would I make these two changes to the original layer or duplicate and blend them in?

5. Brew

Brew Guest

Yes that is correct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.