Little League Opening Day

...and so it begins! Today was the Spring Season opener for LL Baseball. Some of the teams played a few innings just to get the cobwebs out. I thought it to be a great idea, so I took out the camera and did the same. Funny how you need to get your timing back after taking time off. Overall, at least my exposure and focus were on...

nikon D300 with 300mm f/2.8

all comments are welcome... thanks.

web180.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

web181.jpg

web182.jpg

web183.jpg

web184.jpg

web185.jpg

web186.jpg

web187.jpg

Great shots Rolly. 28 degrees here Rolly, no Little League for at least another month and a half I'm afraid.

Nice photography Rolly, although it is extremely tough to relate to your images because it is snowing outside at the moment. I like the isolation of the various players and I'm looking forward to seeing some peak action plays with two or more. Your images are truly a primer for those of us who are weeks away from shooting baseball. Go get'em Rolly!

Gosh, I'm probably another 2 1/2 months away from setting baseball pics. Question for any Active D lighting users out there: Would using ADL help in a situation like these pics were the faces are in fairly heavy shadow area, but the rest of the picture is well exposed? I haven't really used ADL so I guess I don't even fully understand it's abilities/uses. eng34ine, sorry to highjack your thread with this question.

J

JMartin

Nice series, Rolly. I need to find time to get out for some action stuff on my own. I really like #6 and the kicked up chalk.

I was out shooting LL today, but I was shooting the individual and team photos (as a now part-time photographer for TSS photography) for East Point LLs opening ceremony in Seffner.

Almost 5 hours of shooting and I have a nice sunburn to show for it too!

Latest threads

Top Bottom