Little Leauge Baseball

I shot a tournament up in CLoster NJ yesterday it was a weird day it was still humid overcast with periods of rain and then the sun would pop out and rain also.
All shots with the D3 and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele. I had updated the FW on the D3 and noticed a better AF particularly when shooting back lit subjects.
I am so impressed with the D3 and the higher ISO, there is no concern at all just to let the ISO go where it wants to get the proper exposure
Shot in manual mode with auto iso
photo.php
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

OK. D3 on order using your credit card. :biggrin: These are great as usual.

I’ve shot with the 300 f/2.8 and 1.4 TC, and don’t think I got such creamy backgrounds. :frown: Do you use your D2X for sports much? If so, how would you compare it with a D2H with regards to focus speed and IQ?

Mike, I am always so happy to see you post. I simply enjoy seeing a pro at work. These are stunning as always. I think you could get a usable image in
a hurricane. :biggrin:

Stunning as always .

Mike, I learn so much about shooting sports action when I view your images. I find myself staring at each image to determine where you are shooting from and how you pulled off the shot. Thanks for sharing your images and your talents, it certainly helps us all to improve.

What fantastic work!

Perfect combo: The Artist and his tools! We now know that the 300 with the 1.4 tele is no longer in doubt as to whether "it works" or not! Wow!

Mike, is that your blue drop behind the catcher? Just wondering if you managed to talk the league into letting you set up a mini-studio on their field or not? Did you have strobes on the basepaths? :smile:

Once again, very nice shots Mike.

I have to agree with you with not sweating the iso on the D3. I have not updated the FW on my D3 yet as I was waiting to see if there are any bugs. If it improve the focus, then I guess it will be my next step. Thanks for the images and info.

Bert

Ok, dare I say it, there is a problem with this post, and, it's not the photos.

I really can't be picky about the shots, has anyone ever seen more perfectly captured sports faces, I know I haven't

You are the MAN!!! Looking at your stuff, makes me want to give up photography and maybe take up Knitting! I WISH my shots looked this good!

I'm pretty sure that Mike was cheating long before the D3 came out. No doubt in my mind that I can put a D70 in his hand's and he'll still put me to shame.

#3's helmet detail is awesome.
Somehow, it seems like you guys with D3's are cheating! :smile:

Very nice Mike.

Excellent Mike, love #2 which is my fav, the colours are super (we were rained off today, hence having time to enjoy the work of others)
thanks Paul the coudy days really makes the colors pop and no shadows to deal with take it any day.
OK. D3 on order using your credit card. :biggrin: These are great as usual.
LOl good luck with that might get you the BL3!
I’ve shot with the 300 f/2.8 and 1.4 TC, and don’t think I got such creamy backgrounds. :frown: Do you use your D2X for sports much? If so, how would you compare it with a D2H with regards to focus speed and IQ?
LOl good luck with that might get you the BL3!

As far as the comparison the D2H to me was one of Nikons best focusing cameras, its achilles heel was 4 MP
The D2X IQ is fantastic and the focus is pretty darn good too
I am sure there are a tone of used D2X's out there woudl alos look at the D2XS for better noise
Mike, I am always so happy to see you post. I simply enjoy seeing a pro at work. These are stunning as always. I think you could get a usable image in
a hurricane. :biggrin:

Stunning as always .
That woud make for soem cool shots.... thanks so much for the kind words
Mike, I learn so much about shooting sports action when I view your images. I find myself staring at each image to determine where you are shooting from and how you pulled off the shot. Thanks for sharing your images and your talents, it certainly helps us all to improve.
Thanks Franks as do I when looking at everyone elses posts also
Perfect combo: The Artist and his tools! We now know that the 300 with the 1.4 tele is no longer in doubt as to whether "it works" or not! Wow!
I liek the 300 with 1.4 it is a poor mans 400 and with the higher ISO you can shoot with the f4 is not always a factor. Wit that said if I coudl have a 400 2.8 right now I would switch. LOL
Mike, is that your blue drop behind the catcher? Just wondering if you managed to talk the league into letting you set up a mini-studio on their field or not? Did you have strobes on the basepaths? :smile:
I laughed at the blue background was thinking I could drop a mountain scene behind him no problem, like shooting on a green screen
so sweet Mike, just outstanding.
Thanks Chris
Yup more of the same, I got to get me one of those D3s...or maybe I should just keep practicing. Love the face on No. 4
Thanks Brooks the D3 helps but wait to you see the marked improvment you see with that 300 2.8

umm, "wow" enough to say ?
Thanks Darren
Once again, very nice shots Mike.

I have to agree with you with not sweating the iso on the D3. I have not updated the FW on my D3 yet as I was waiting to see if there are any bugs. If it improve the focus, then I guess it will be my next step. Thanks for the images and info.

Bert

Thanks Bert so far no issues with the FW update

Latest threads

Top Bottom