1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Little man big world

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by lr0868, Aug 12, 2008.

1. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I took this picture at the beach yesterday and thought it came out pretty good. I like that the little boy is highlighted and seemingly all alone as all the other dark figures around him are not looking at him .

I added vignetting for effect, C & C is appreciated or thoughts on the picture or ways to improve are always appreciated.

dsc_0563_filtered-vig.
    NIKON D300    ---    300mm    f/6.7    1/180s    ISO 200

2. Lisa,

I like the vignette a lot ....... I use it all the time and think it really adds to a photo.

Best,

3. I LOVE this photo. You know that, though. :wink:

I like the vignetting because it really adds to the little boy and takes more away from those around him.
    It makes those around him more in the background.
    That's what I think, anyway.:biggrin:

I'm really, really, really glad that you're loving your D300 and that you made the switch.:biggrin:

4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks Bob

thanks Rebecca...and thank YOU for suggesting the vignetting and the D300 :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.