Little Miss

My youngest granchild; Emma, does not remain still for longer than 30 seconds. She will turn 2 yrs.old in 2 weeks. She is adorable and has just begun showing some interst in letting me photograph her. I am thrilled that I have been able to get some "keepers" of her while she is here visiting.
Here are a few from today wearing her favorite hat.

All shot with D300/ Nikon 50 1.4D, ambient light from window

The HAT:wink:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I asked her if she would take her hat off....

I even said Pretty pleeease...

I then said..ok Emma, one more shot with the hat on..make it a good one:biggrin:

awesome series
#2 is my favorite
i like #5, as well

the first one... in which the HAT is the "center of focus" is quite interesting as well

well done

awesome series
#2 is my favorite
i like #5, as well

the first one... in which the HAT is the "center of focus" is quite interesting as well

well done
Hi Greg,

Thanks. (BTW...her Lymes test came back -neg:smile: we got it yesterday)

Very cute granddaughter. I'm sure your quite proud.

I know the feeling trying to keep up with 2 year olds. My oldest daughter will be 3 next month and trying to get her to stay still is near impossible.

Was all this natural lighting? You did a great job.
Thanks Seneca; yes all light from a window. The coloration is different in the photos due to the passing storm clouds. Window light is my favorite light source and I use it whenever possible:smile:

Very cute granddaughter. I'm sure your quite proud.

I know the feeling trying to keep up with 2 year olds. My oldest daughter will be 3 next month and trying to get her to stay still is near impossible.
Thanks; I am very proud of my little Emma!
hehe...It is always an adventure:smile: You have to get them at just the right moment.

These are great. I can just hear her saying, "NOOOO!" in that 4th one. I believe the 2nd would be my favorite though. I know you are glad to have her there to photograph even if you can't keep her still for very long at a time.

I still find it hard to believe you're a grandmother! And that Emma's already 2 yrs old. I remember when the due date was impending. Too much time has gone by since we've shot together. We should do something about that (except it can't be birding because I sold my birding gear) :)

Should have mentioned that the shots are priceless! That first shot is quite unique but I really love the last one. Nicely done, Trish!

These are great. I can just hear her saying, "NOOOO!" in that 4th one. I believe the 2nd would be my favorite though. I know you are glad to have her there to photograph even if you can't keep her still for very long at a time.
Thanks so much! She is my little sweetheart.

I still find it hard to believe you're a grandmother! And that Emma's already 2 yrs old. I remember when the due date was impending. Too much time has gone by since we've shot together. We should do something about that (except it can't be birding because I sold my birding gear) :)

Should have mentioned that the shots are priceless! That first shot is quite unique but I really love the last one. Nicely done, Trish!
Kevin!
How the heck are you?? I know, 2 years...where has the time gone? I am also going to try to take a break from birding. I have so many photos and I really enjoy it but I need a change and I am FINALLY going to go portrait. I kept getting put on hold with grandkids arriving. Me thinks it will stay quiet for a while and I'm jumping in. If you get over this way..let me know!!

PS: you got your sense back and came back to Nikon???

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom