Critique Little Neck Clams

I simply had to photograph them before cooking them.

Setup
A small continuous-light lamp on the front left was fitted with a diffusion sock. A medium one not with a diffusion sock was on the front right. A flashlight lit the primary subject.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
And what wine?
The dish is pork and clams, which I would never have thought of on my own as a combination. Even so, as soon I saw the recipe I knew it would be a winner. The recipe is at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/portuguese-braised-pork-and-clams-porco-alentejana

There are so many wines that will go with the dish (it's a wine-friendly dish!) that the choice probably depends on your mood at least as much if not more than any other factor. I went with a California red made in the style of a light Cotes du Rhone. The pairing worked because the wine is on the lighter side and because the paprika and potatoes stand up well to the wine.

I say this after a great meal
Your details?

Mood is so important. We had a fiery pork vindaloo, pulao with peas and crisped shallots, yougurt/cilantro chutney. Wines were a Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Listenberg Riesling, Kabinett and a 2016 Syrah from Coiled Cellars, Idaho. Most people would have run for beer, and thrown the riesling out. The riesling was the star.

FWI: Pork vindaloo is an Indian (Goa) dish that combines Portuguese and Indian ingredients and methods into one heck of a dish.

Mood is so important. We had a fiery pork vindaloo, pulao with peas and crisped shallots, yougurt/cilantro chutney. Wines were a Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Listenberg Riesling, Kabinett and a 2016 Syrah from Coiled Cellars, Idaho. Most people would have run for beer, and thrown the riesling out. The riesling was the star.
Sounds fabulous!

A stunning image, Mike!
Both in lighting and processing.
Works really well as an abstract for me. Without the title, I doubt I would have seen the clamshells.
More something metallic, with beautiful patterns and texture.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom