little red flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by keirin, Apr 17, 2007.

1. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    I don't think many folks would often think of a 25 mm focal length for macro work, but I've become quite captivated by the close focussing capability of a newly acquired Zeiss ZF 25 f/2.8 lens. These little blossoms break out like measles on the bushes that surround our house. I took these photos in the late afternoon light today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I don't know about flowers keeps armies of botanists in business. Your suggestions about composition and other photo whatnots are genuinely welcome.

2. Very nice! Beautiful colour, they look like you can reach out and feel the texture of these shots!

3. Beautiful, indeed! Very pleasant light.
    Zeiss lenses definitely deliver the goods.

Cheers

4. Very nice shots. The lighting is perfect and shows off their colours well. The flowers are Ixora coccinea (Jungle Geranium).

5. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Sincere thanks to you all. The lens used has a soft character at some settings that struck me as serving flowers well. It's cool that it focuses so near, but with only a 25 mm focal range the front of the lens was within a couple of inches from the subject in the first picture. I'm also having a hard time balancing having enough depth of field with having an appealingly fuzzy background.