Little Ringed Plover, mother and baby, at 800mm

I think the big guy is probably the mother (or father? - I can't tell their sex!) as they were walking side by side!

#1 Mother at 800mm (428 + 2xTC 1/180 f11)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Mother showing off her new dress! (428 + 2.0 TC, 1/350, f11)

#3 Baby birdie! (428, 1/800, f5)

#4 "If I stay low, you will not see me! I will even camouflage my month with sand!" Baby plovers will stay low to hide themselves when danger is around because they cannot really fly yet. (428 + 1.7 TC, 1/350, f 7.1)

#5 Head of mother (400 + 2.0TC, 1/180, f11)

#6 Baby head, if you look carefully you can see me in its eyes! :D (428+1.7TC, 1/250, f9)

Thanks for looking!

Completely incredible! Beautiful photos - every one of them!
Thanks Dianne, I am glad you liked them!

Amazing reach! Well done!
Thanks Alex, yea, the reach of 800mm is giving me a chance to photo what seems impossible before!

Very impressive!
Thanks Andy!

Detail is outstanding
Thanks Gary, I've been working to get more detail out of my photos. I am glad you like it as I was afraid that the photos might have become too "hard"!

Tim In my mind the 400 2.8 Nikon is the very best piece of glass they make and these photos show it. I had the pleasure of useing one for a day on my Fuji S2 back a while ago and you don.t even know a 2X is on it.

Now they have to make it about 4Lbs, add VR and a price tag of about $2000.00 and that would be something:biggrin::biggrin:
Lou

Great job, William!
Thanks Dave! I am glad you liked them.

William, I am impressed at how close up and detailed these shots are. Very well done.
Thanks Gordon. In fact the baby's headshot is as close as the lens can get!

Tim In my mind the 400 2.8 Nikon is the very best piece of glass they make and these photos show it. I had the pleasure of useing one for a day on my Fuji S2 back a while ago and you don.t even know a 2X is on it.

Lou, I have been learning to use this lens for the last few months. Initially it didn't produce results that I was expecting and I was a bit worried!

Now they have to make it about 4Lbs, add VR and a price tag of about $2000.00 and that would be something:biggrin::biggrin:
Lou

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom