Little squares. . .

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Palouse, Jul 27, 2007.

1. I spent the morning reading Jason Odell's book, and the afternoon printing some great pictures using NX. However, most of the 4X6 prints have little (about 1/8") dark squares at the top left corner. I tried all the tricks I knew--flushing the cache, turning each action off then on again, skipping a step, but to no avail. Remember: these ore only on the prints (I use a Canon i9100) and I have never seen them before.
    HELP!:Angry:

2. Please clarify - these little squares are visible on the prints, but not on the screen?

Have you tried printing from a different program, or on a different printer?

3. Yes, on prints but not on screen. Only show in NX, I have only one computer hooked up to my printer.

4. Hmmm, maybe you need to go as far as re-installing NX. I've never heard of this problem before.

5. I'll try that--eventually. It's not on every picture. One thought I had while on the road today was that I was printing from edited NEFs, before I had saved them. I will go back and try printing from the saved NEF or the saved JPGs of the same picture. It could be a memory thing--I have a 2 gig system running XP.