Little teapot

I'll try anything to get her to stay in front of the camera for more than 10 seconds. Here it was the old teapot song!

159227701-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mitch... You must be jealous that she has all that hair!! :biggrin::biggrin:

That is the first thing I thought when I saw your avatar next to her.

She is GORGEOUS!! Great shot...

Mitch, great exposure...I see your key at camera right, but what is that kicker? Is it pointed at her, or is that lighting the background, and the spill acting as a kicker light? Did you light the background? It looks like a pattern, but with extra light thrown on it...

Mitch, great exposure...I see your key at camera right, but what is that kicker? Is it pointed at her, or is that lighting the background, and the spill acting as a kicker light? Did you light the background? It looks like a pattern, but with extra light thrown on it...

John,
I'm embarassed to say that I threw this together in about ten minutes while waiting for my wife to get dressed. Samantha and I were already dressed to go to temple when I decided to grab a quick shot of her in her new dress.

I threw my white muslin up over some chairs. I put one SB800 in an umbrella on my right (as you noted). I then threw one SB800 on a small stand on the floor and pointed it at the background. The texture you see are the wrinkles in the muslin. Normally I would have used two lights for the background to help avoid the shadows in the wrinkles, but I had no time.

The spill was an unfortunate effect from the poorly placed background light. Haste makes waste!

The spill was much worse in this shot.
158783216-M.jpg

Mitch, thanks...maybe move her a little more forward to keep some of the spill off...

She gets cuter by the day...

If she takes requests, I want to hear "Inky Dinky Spider".

Yes, that one is in her repetoire!!

Mitch, thanks...maybe move her a little more forward to keep some of the spill off...

She gets cuter by the day...

Thanks, John. I just need to pay more attention to those little details and not be in such a rush. I usually use a small piece of cardboard as a flag on the background flash to try and prevent the spill.

I've done better with this setup in the past when I've taken my time.

86430903-M.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom