Little Window light Glam

Little window light glam at the top of the landing in old tannery along main street.

D800 24-120 iso 100 1/125 f5.6 62mm

_JW84096cc-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a delightful image. I like the lighting.

Good old window light hitting the landing at the top of the stairs, Probably 12-18" from the window. Just out of frame.

The lighting and colors are striking. Absolutely beautiful. Well done!

Thank you, played around with the colors on this one. Dress actually dark red, made a luminosity selection based on color and then applied a selective color adjustment moving the red towards purple. Kinda liked it so I kept with the adjustment. Color selection made via Tony Kuypers luinosity masking panel.

Real Name
Andrew
My list of things wrong with the image would be massively shorter than for me to list everything I like about it! Well done! ?

My list of things wrong with the image would be massively shorter than for me to list everything I like about it! Well done! ?
Thank you Andrew. It was a fun image to work on. Although I had a sense of where I wanted to go, it's not until I start working with an image that I find out where it's taking me.

Real Name
Andrew
Thank you Andrew. It was a fun image to work on. Although I had a sense of where I wanted to go, it's not until I start working with an image that I find out where it's taking me.

i find myself in the same situation sometimes. Thanks for sharing.

This is amazing. I love the lighting- great work!
Thank you Dave...in this case believe it was some south facing window light on a summer afternoon. It helped that the location was quite large and so that lots of light was not reflected back to her shadow side and she is quite close to the window. The black wall also helps and reduces the amount of light reflected back, like a black V-Flat for negative fill.

Latest threads

Top Bottom