Live from Apple's 'Let's Rock'

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by JerseyJay, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I followed the blow-by-blow description of the event via www.ilounge.com, but haven't yet looked at the photos. Hey, Steve is wearing a different color turtleneck -- not his usual black!!!

2. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    Hmmmm, blue or orange 16GB nano? Tough to decide!

3. great new stuff....
    how i wish they'd introduced an 80GB touch for $499.00

in fact....
    it would amazing to put that 160GB drive from the classic into a touch...
    no one would care if it were bigger

4. Oh, for me that's a no-brainer! O R A N G E!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

(We won't discuss whether or not I actually NEED a new Nano!!!!!)

Greg, I don't think what you're wishing is ever going to happen....

5. i know, connie
    it's just that i have almost 10,000 mp3/about 43GB of songs
    and i don't want to PICK AND CHOOSE
    that's why i have 2 160GB classics i use
    mac has the 16GB touch
    love it
    but, i want ALL my music on one
    too much for which to ask

6. Now, c'mon, Greg, do you really carry all of your music with you everywhere? If you get the hankering to listen to a particular song and you don't happen to have it in your pocket, is it really that much of a big deal to wait until you are at home and CAN listen to it? Since you are presumably pretty busy during the days seeing patients in your pediatric practice and I would hope spending some quality time at home or out somewhere fun with your family in the evenings, I can't imagine that you walk around all the time with iPod earbuds stuck in your ears!

7. LOL....
    of course i don't, connie
    i have my classic running all day...
    connected to a nice stereo system i have in my office

the thing is....
    i'm anal about carrying it all with me
    who knows why
    you know me a long time..
    and this surely isn't the strangest thing about me.... now is it? :biggrin:

8. We all have our little quirks, don't we?!!! :biggrin:

Y'know, I totally forgot that it would be possible for someone to play their music through their iPod via a speaker system......well, DUH!!!! I've got a nice little speaker setup at home, too, that I bought when I got my first iPod (however, you can guess that I don't use the system all that much! LOL!!!) Actually, I tend to play my music through the computer in the living room when at home or when I'm in the car, through the iPod cable setup there. Guess I've seen too many people walking around lately with iPod earbuds in their ears!

Also a lot of the time if I have the urge to hear a particular song I'll just listen to it on my iPhone no earbuds or headphones needed, since that device does have a built-in speaker. Last year with my original iPhone I was thrilled when I discovered this feature. Audiophiles would shudder but for me, it's just fine if I'm out on my deck and have the urge to hear some song RIGHT NOW. It's neat that now the new iPod Touch devices will have a built-in speaker as well. There ARE those times one just wants/needs to hear a particular tune and is nowhere near a speaker system......

9. I'm looking forward to picking up a new itouch.

Any comments re 8GB vs 16GB would be appreciated. My current nano is only 4GB and seems adequate for my needs. That said, I'm assuming the touch will be more of a mem hog as I'd likely have some videos on it.

regards
    JohnG

10. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Video takes up a ton of space compared to music or most podcasts. I would suggest that you research the size of the kind of content you are interested in, since it's easy to fill up an iPod with video content - quickly! Based on what you plan to put on it and how often you are willing to delte and upload the content should suggest which model would be the better choice for you.

11. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    I think I'm going to go orange :biggrin: , and I actually do "need" a new nano, as my previous gen 8gb took on water!