Live Luna Moth

I'm glad the 35/2 can focus as close as it can, this fellow got a ride on the stroller back home from our walk on that leaf he was sitting on. I actually thought it was dead since it didn't move or flinch, until after a little while.

They apparently starts to die around this time of year so I think he/she was singing on it's last verse.

p234832205.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p175115940.jpg

p168124403.jpg

I like the colors and patterns. I usually like my color images a little sharper, but with the color tone of you image, a sharper image wouldn't look as good. This is a very nice photo and different from your usual subjects.

They apparently starts to die around this time of year so I think he/she was singing on it's last verse

You are right. Actias luna do not feed and only live for a short amount of time. This one is a male who has probably mated with a female and is dying a happy moth.:biggrin::biggrin:

Bob F.

Beautiful moth. I've never seen one of these. It's amazing that nature creates something so beautiful only to live for a week or two.

Thank you guys, glad you enjoyed it. I was quite amazed by it when I found it, which was by chance since it looks like a leaf with the other leaves. It's huge!

Nice moth. The colors are great and so is the detail. I usually onlly get little brown moths.

Latest threads

Top Bottom