Live Oak Equestrian Event

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Fillmore, Mar 25, 2007.

1. A few shots from a competitive driving event I was at Saturday...Feedback always appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full Gallery is Here - Enjoy.

2. Nice crisp shots! Which lens did you use?

3. Thanks- A few were with the 18-200 but most of the day I used the 105/2.8vr. I was fairly close and I love using it as a short tele. Here is a crop of the guys stop-watch from the 3rd shot. I was happy- especially considering it's just a 6mp D70. :smile:

[​IMG]

4. MCN Photo

MCN Photo Guest

Nice. Is that some type of chariot racing?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a tough exposure shooting
    Great job
    Beautful pics

6. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great Shots!

Haze

7. Pretty much- except they stagger the starting times to spread the field out. They run a several hour marathon with a dozen or so obstacle courses mixed in at various points. These were taken at the water hazard- by far the most interesting.

Thanks all- Here are a few others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MCN Photo

MCN Photo Guest

Wow that just looks like too much fun. Great photo ops I wonder if they do it down here (australia), what do they call the sport Jeff? Some of these look like full on race horses, maybe retired. Love the second last shot.

BTW if I were that video guy I'd probably be behind the fence lol.

9. Thanks- They just call it competitive driving. Here is the event Website- It is actually a 3-day event with a day or dressage, the marathon (day I was there) and then an obstical driving day.

10. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Great shots. There is a lot of power behind those horses and you have certainly captured that. I did not realize that the 105Vr was such a great short telephoto lens. I always just think of it as being a macro lens.

11. Thanks Yvette- I think a lot of people only consider it a macro- including me when I bought it- but I find myself using it for a lot of things as a short tele and portraits as well.