Critique Live steam

The local club had another run day today. Not as much stock moving as last time, but it was still a blast.
Live steam engines, G scale.
One of my favorites from today.
Amazing workmanship. Hard for me to believe these are just models.
Gary
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow again. Great capture.

Why does the head light look so awkwardly bent to the left, into the track's turn (from our viewpoint, to the right)?
Not sure, looked like that in the model. I did not get a chance to ask why, but the model was so beautifully machined he must have had a reason.
For me the monochrome version is stronger as well, but they want some color images. I will see what they actually use.
The shooting is more challenging than I would have thought. These are shot as they are running, without interfering with the run- just like I shoot sports.
I am just to the comfort level we can start to setup actual planned portraits of the engines. That should get really interesting.
Gary

Thanks Rich. I was there about 4 hours, spent most of the time getting a tour of the place. They have over 3 miles of track, including sidings, of 7.5in track. They also have a 180ft 3 track loop of elevated G scale track. Very little was actually running, they were getting prepared for a boy scout training day. 2 x g scale trains ran for about 10minutes, so this was all I really got. BUT they have a huge national meet coming up in a month or so, and I have some great areas scouted out.
Gary

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom