LL Baseball...second try

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by deznpj, May 18, 2007.

1. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Here are a few from tonight's game. Used my D200 and the 70-200 (VR off). All shot using AP at 2.8 ISO was 200 SS ranged from 1/2000-1/3200. Have to learn how to resize for web a little better. IQ is better (believe it or not) before I post. CC appreciated.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Desi, I really like shot number 2 ... great job... you captured some good action but i think you just need to crop it a bit more .... I would take each of your shots and crop them vertically for 4x6 or whatever, there seems to be a lot of wasted space along the edges. ..... please keep posting your results your off to a GREAT start !

3. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Nice and I now some Dads and Moms you can make very happy!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These look pretty darned good Desi, nice action shots. It looks as though you shot these with you camera in horizontal (landscape) orientation and that is perfectly fine if that is your preference. Would you consider turning your camera to a vertical (portrait) orientation? I have found that by shooting much of my sports with the camera held vertically, I can isolate the players better and crop easier. If you try it and don't like it....nothing lost, but it sure is worth a try. Other than that, keep monitoring histogram and adjust as needed for blown highlights and to expose to the right. Thanks for sharing and keep your images coming.

5. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Dez - Nicely done on these photos, looks like you had a good location to shoot from. Just get the cropping down like the others stated and you will see a big difference in how action stands out.

Im looking to buy the 70-200 2.8 vr in about a month, looks like it did well.

6. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Thanks all...I am reading a "vertical" theme here (my wife has always said the same thing, :looking left, right, then left again: sure seems like she is right!) :redface:
    I will give it a whirl tomorrow (next game).
    Bigmuddy...as for the 70-200, IMO it is one of the best lens Nikon makes, but I sure would love to swing that 300 2.8 around (on a pod of course!)
    Thanks again everyone for taking the time to look and comment!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.