LLB Part II

Some more shots from this past Saturday. All taken with the D3 and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,
Another great series of shots.
I like the intensity on the batter's face in Pic #2 nice capture.

Bert

As Frank said in another thread, you are one of my favorite photogs. I have actually stopped commenting on your posts because my comments are always simply, "Wow", "Incredible", "Fantastic", etc. and I feel like a broken record. But, it's time to come out of my hiatus and again say... wow, these are incredible and absolutely fantastic! :tongue::biggrin::cool: Thanks for continuing to share your fine images.

Mike,

All are great but #1, with the rain drops, is special. #11 is unusual - I've heard of "spit balls" but it look like in New Jersey you guys have come up with the "grass ball". I need to work with my grandson on perfecting this new pitch.

Real Name
Randy
the thing that amazes even more than your pics is your ability to change the SS and EV on the fly....you have become a human histogram/exposure meter...i honestly don't think what you do is possible w/o doing it as much as you do it....simply incredible. You really need to audition with SI buddy, your work is way to good for this place alone.

Mike,
Another great series of shots.
I like the intensity on the batter's face in Pic #2 nice capture.

Bert
Thanks Bert
Wow. That's just crazy good!
Thanks so much Joe
I echo Joe's comments......wow!
Thanks Frank
Another great set Mike. Fabulous light on #2.
Yes and it was about the only good light all day for about 5 batters.

As Frank said in another thread, you are one of my favorite photogs. I have actually stopped commenting on your posts because my comments are always simply, "Wow", "Incredible", "Fantastic", etc. and I feel like a broken record. But, it's time to come out of my hiatus and again say... wow, these are incredible and absolutely fantastic! :tongue::biggrin::cool: Thanks for continuing to share your fine images.
Thanks you for lookign and commenting I really do appreciate it
Mike,

All are great but #1, with the rain drops, is special. #11 is unusual - I've heard of "spit balls" but it look like in New Jersey you guys have come up with the "grass ball". I need to work with my grandson on perfecting this new pitch.
I laughed when I saw the grass too thanks for looking
Talk about 3D... some of those pictures jumped out of my monitor!
Thanks for the kind words Frank
the thing that amazes even more than your pics is your ability to change the SS and EV on the fly....you have become a human histogram/exposure meter...i honestly don't think what you do is possible w/o doing it as much as you do it....simply incredible. You really need to audition with SI buddy, your work is way to good for this place alone.
Rany I think that coems from shooting tens of thousands of images, it makes you very comfortable with your camera so you know how to set it when certain condtions arise, also you get in tuen with button and wheel placment lettign you change on the fly so to speak.
SI now that woudl be a dream, hard enough to find some to credential me for shooting some college events

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom