1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LLB Part II

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Some more shots from this past Saturday. All taken with the D3 and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  2. kwf1

kwf1

Nov 15, 2007
    S. Florida
    Mike,
    Another great series of shots.
    I like the intensity on the batter's face in Pic #2 nice capture.

Bert

3. Wow. That's just crazy good!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I echo Joe's comments......wow!

5. Another great set Mike. Fabulous light on #2.

6. As Frank said in another thread, you are one of my favorite photogs. I have actually stopped commenting on your posts because my comments are always simply, "Wow", "Incredible", "Fantastic", etc. and I feel like a broken record. But, it's time to come out of my hiatus and again say... wow, these are incredible and absolutely fantastic! :tongue::biggrin::cool:  Thanks for continuing to share your fine images.

7. audu67

audu67

Jan 14, 2008
    Decatur, Alabama
    Mike,

All are great but #1, with the rain drops, is special. #11 is unusual - I've heard of "spit balls" but it look like in New Jersey you guys have come up with the "grass ball". I need to work with my grandson on perfecting this new pitch.

8. Talk about 3D... some of those pictures jumped out of my monitor!

9. the thing that amazes even more than your pics is your ability to change the SS and EV on the fly....you have become a human histogram/exposure meter...i honestly don't think what you do is possible w/o doing it as much as you do it....simply incredible. You really need to audition with SI buddy, your work is way to good for this place alone.

10. Thanks Bert
    Thanks so much Joe
    Thanks Frank
    Yes and it was about the only good light all day for about 5 batters.

Thanks you for lookign and commenting I really do appreciate it
    I laughed when I saw the grass too thanks for looking
    Thanks for the kind words Frank
    Rany I think that coems from shooting tens of thousands of images, it makes you very comfortable with your camera so you know how to set it when certain condtions arise, also you get in tuen with button and wheel placment lettign you change on the fly so to speak.
    SI now that woudl be a dream, hard enough to find some to credential me for shooting some college events

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.