LLD Anonymous???

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by dmwphoto, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Is there a chapter in Richmond Va? I AM AN ADDICTED MAN
    Just two weeks ago I sold my 12-24 to a cafe member. I immediately started thinking that was not a good idea. I have a photo vacation starting tommorrow and it is primarily a macro trip so I'm thinking this is ok.
    Like a robot, today I head out to my local camera shop and plunk down $350.00 MORE than I sold my last one for and got me a new one. I thanked the salesman very much and walked glassy eyed back to the suburban..............................

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OH dear Dave,

We all need help...
    sold my 70-300 and turned right around with in hours and bought Jims 28mm.

How stupid is this. As soon as I sold my 80-400 I wanted it back.

Bad LLD..

3. Gale we are doomed...... :^)
    did the Lady here in richmond buy your 70-300?

4. I wish there was a chapter here in King of Prussia, PA....I'm in really BAD shape. I just purchased a 200-400 VR zoom and a Wimberely sidekick, and some lens plates and a ballhead.

Hmmm, how do I hide this stuff from the significant other when it arrives, especially that really long lens?

Oh well, you only live once and life is short, correct? I should only be in the doghouse for a year or 2?

I may be selling my 80-400 if the new lens purchase works out.

5. Are you serious Dave :shock:

It was Steve - you - myself on that deal. I was hoping we all came out happy, but I guess you didn't.

Glad you went back to it though. :wink:

6. very serious Jay. no ones fault but mine, the deal went seemlessly. hope you are enjoying yours

7. Don you are a bad man................
    sounds like you are getting geared up big time!

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Yikes :(. I often do such things Dave, and repend for it, glad to see that I am not alone.

9. Hi Dave

Well Dave, I can relate, I have owned the 300mm af-s f4 three times now until I got the 400mm af-s........didnt real need the 300mm and when I sold it, wanted it back because I could have used it. LOL.........almost gave up my 12-24mm but think I will keep and get the 28-70mm to complement it, then Im done :wink: I hope, I mean I am :shock: , well maybe. LOL!!!! it just doesnt stop!!!! got to start focusing on getting my d2x to sing :!: rather than glass at this point...............

10. Anand and Keith the first step is admitting you have a problem........ looks like we are making progress

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave I sold it to Mark (photoby Mark)

Did not even really list it for sal, just casual mention in a post
    lolol

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Don if you sell the 80-400 VR call me first :>))))))

See here I go again.

13. YES! I got Gale's 70-300! :p

I have tried so hard to not look at the "For Sale" forum. But Gale had to go mention it is some other thread. Of course, I saw it. Waited a day, and well the rest is history.

We should just have a giant library where we can check out a lens for week or two and go back and get another and another and so on.

Congrats on everybody's lens purchases and trades.

14. Dave,

How do you like smugmug.com? Is it better than PBase? I need to store my photos somewhere, so I can post to forums. Thanks.

15. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I walked into my local camera store today with money to spend after returning a telescope. This is a bad idea to begin with. After asking the salesman that knows me on a first name basis now, to sale me something I walked out with only a Nikon 1.4TC to go with my 300/f4.

He tried a...

28-70/2.8
    70-200vr
    80-400vr
    400mm
    even studio strobes didn't tempt me!

Am I cured?????

16. Of course you aren't cured. LLD probably just goes up and down...I get kind of sad reading all of these posts about people buying lenses. It may be good that im a student with very little money. That way I know I can't afford anything therefore I will never truly get LLD.

17. Hi Charles.......

Wishingful thinking and maybe your the lucky one :lol:
    The problem is you walked in there with money to spend. LOL..............its when you dont have money or don't want to spend money it happens. LOL :cry: :cry:

18. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I knew you were going to say that. :(

At least I kept my money for the next time LLD strikes. :)

19. Mark,
    That would be cool!

Don,
    I like smugmug and if you use them, tell them I sent you and I get a small discount for that. It is easy to use and serves me well. I have not tried pbase, but many peaople like it as well.

Charles,
    you got away cheap! Does he send you birthday cards? it is cool to have a camera shop know you.

20. I thought I was the only one who did crazy stuff like this... I believe the only cure is to buy one of everything :(

Woody