LLD is a nasty disease!

I just picked up a 28-70 2.8 with a chance to return if it does not live up to my needs.

WILL IT EVER END? :shock:

It's simple, it won't until you have everything =)

Congrats on your purchase! Hope it meets your standards and more.

cwilt said:
I just picked up a 28-70 2.8 with a chance to return if it does not live up to my needs.

WILL IT EVER END? :shock:

THAT's just about all I use now for general shots (along with the 70-200VR and an occasional 12-24DX); I love that lens!

Rich

N

nfoto

The "disease" will end the moment you realize the lenses don't take the picture. You do.

nfoto said:
The "disease" will end the moment you realize the lenses don't take the picture. You do.

How many lenses do you own? :lol: This is meant as a joke.

I think it will continue until I find a style. For me, photography is more of a search for self at this time.

Bjorn,

You have more lenses than B&H, and Ritz put together. lolol

Loved your interview. Great stuff. Nice to know you a tad better.

Much respect from me :>)))

I hope it ends soon. LOL............2 new pkgs in the mail :) to your point, keep testing and using till you find your style and are happy with the end results............If I owned a Canon, would be in huge trouble with all those IS lenses ;-)

N

nfoto

I mostly use one or two lenses at a time. Many of them are 20 years+. I haven't purchased a new lens for more than 1 year, btw. during that period I've concentrated on my 50 mm lenses.

An important point is that *some* shooting assignments need a special set of tools (=lenses, cameras, remote controls, what have you), but most don't. If you have lots of lenses and don't know for which purpose each lens is the optimum tool, you have a problem which isn't going to improve your photography.

nfoto said:
I mostly use one or two lenses at a time. Many of them are 20 years+. I haven't purchased a new lens for more than 1 year, btw. during that period I've concentrated on my 50 mm lenses.

An important point is that *some* shooting assignments need a special set of tools (=lenses, cameras, remote controls, what have you), but most don't. If you have lots of lenses and don't know for which purpose each lens is the optimum tool, you have a problem which isn't going to improve your photography.
Bjørn :

How well put !

I've enjoyed shooting with a number of lenses, but I've been acutely aware that the lens (or the body) has not been the limitation for my shooting. I have.

I do find some lenses are better for the moment when I'm shooting, the 12-24mm AFS being one that I use for industrial shooting in close, tight quarters, but the quality of the shots always falls on me.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

John P.

P.S. That's not to say that I don't look at other lenses and bodies and ponder their uses. I'm currently considering some lenses for forensic shooting and accident analysis, but the lenses I get will only facilitate very specific conditions - exactly as you point out.

K

Ken-L

I think it's safe to assume that we all have a camera. So, that's the basis of our "common interest" and membership in a forum.

What we "use" that camera for is an absolutely personal choice.

Some seem to "use" the camera to take and/or display pictures, and maybe it's the pictures that is most important to them.

Some "use" the camera to produce pictures that they can spend hours post-processing and turning into something that doesn't even look like a photo.

Some "use" the camera as one part of a system to tinker with, and play with all kinds of equipment, monopods, tripods, flashes, flash accessories, packs, cases, lenses - prime, zoom, micro, macro, and wide-zooms, tele-zooms, wide/tele zooms, zooms with VR, and others of every imaginable capability.

Back in the "film days" some people only used the camera to give themselves a reason to be in a darkroom for hours and days fiddling with that.

So, whatever it is that tickles someone's fancy is okay with me. It doesn't matter if you buy and sell every camera and lens combination in existence and never take one photo! We still have the "camera" in common, and if we can help, support, or commune with each other around our common bond, that's what we are here for.

No higher purposes , no loftier values, not holier-than-thou. Just plain folk with a camera.

Lens Lust is not a disease, it's an avocation.

Real Name
Chris
nfoto said:

I believe in the culture, they call that "One year clean." At that point we all stand and applaud. ;)

nfoto said:

But, Bjorn, you are the Handmaiden of Lens Lust. Your lens reviews have probably caused more people to lay out big bucks for top quality lenses than any other reviewer's works.

Hey, since you're in a 50mm mode these days, how about selling me your old, dusty, underused 105/2 DC... the one right behind your tire iron. I need a quality portrait lens, and when I read your review, it made my LLD has flare to an uncontrollable state :shock:.

This is what my son did when I grabed the 2x with the 28-70 mounted. :shock:

28950444-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N

nfoto

I've been in the game for too long, so know you suffer less when you *never* sell any lens. selling means later remorse and you are likely to buy the lens back at a substantial financial loss :(

Albeit it wasn't the 105 DC, I in fact recently found a lens in the boot of my car which I hadn't seen for years (an 85/1.4) . It goes without saying you should rummage your car once in a while.

Gee, I know how to cure LLD, just steal Bjorn's car when he is not looking :>)))))

Your car pic with the gear cracks me up.

But the years and the images produced are real eye openers.

In low light conditions my primes were better and in light good enough to stop down there wasn't enough difference to warrant the extra weight in my pack.

Latest threads

Top Bottom