LLD Strikes Again -- Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sbuttrick, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Well I did a boneheaded thing today. I had to go see a client in Kalamazoo today. Bonehead move #1, when I was finished I stopped by the camera store. Bonehead #2, I picked up and played with a 12-24 and "The Beast". Bonehead #3, walked out of the store with the 12-24. Bonehead #4, ordered a 28-70.

Please help me, I'm a very sick puppy.

2. I just tell myself that the quality and usefulness will still be there after the sticker shock has faded into history...

Enjoy your new toys.

3. Second that message, Scott. If I look back far enough I never regret the extravagent purchases I made... only the ones I should have made and didn't.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I found the simple cure for LLD.

Buy all the lenses you may lust for, and lens lust will leave you alone.

Until a new lens comes out. :wink:

5. Scott, you know what they say... we regret for the things we haven't done...

But what have you done there my friend???

Why have clients close to the camera shop???

Why carry so much money with ya???

Why have such credit limit???

Enjoy your toyz 4 boyz!!!

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Perfectly normal behavior as far as I can tell :rolleyes:

7. Scott you didnt! :^)

8. Dave, I did, but don't tell my wife.........

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey you can always use a line that she has used on you...
    "But honey they were on sale.. " :biggrin:

I use that with my wife all the time...

10. Great idea Dave. "Hey Honey they were on sale and I'm getting a rebate too. Look at ALL the money I saved".

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    That line seems to work for my wife when she comes home with stuff we never needed and will never use! It was to good a deal not to get them.

12. This buying spree for things not needed is at least "good for the economy" :biggrin:

that's the line I counter my wife's "everthing is on sale".

13. RNeal

RNeal

Oct 15, 2005
    Tennessee
    I've got one that works every time. "But, it's cheaper than a new boat!"

(The fear of boat lust, which is similar because boats are like lenses in that you can never have one long enough or fast enough, makes lens lust seem trivial.)

(P.S. Which remindes me of an old joke: You know the two happiest days of a man's life? The day he buys a boat and the day he sells it. Bada-bing!)

14. Great suggestions Guys. Randy, since I have been lusting for a boat I bet your line will do the trick......thanks.

15. Hi Scott,

i am sorry to hear this !!
    I have some seriously bad news for you :

There is no cure for this. I am suffering LLD for years already. My doctor said that i have to live with it.

SO I DO WITH MUCH PLEASURE !!!!!

16. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    LOL ... "The more you buy, the more you save" :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
  17. In a world of fools the rational man is the odd man.

I feel right at home here.

Keep buying.

18. "Honey, did you see the new car that Pontiac came out with?" (being from Michigan, you know what car fever is like)

http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/index.jsp

"It's only $21,545 + options + tax + insurance + (+++)

I almost bought one, but I thought I should talk to you first.

Instead I bought some camera equipment, it was a lot cheaper and I don't need the car now, I can wait until next year's model.

What do you want for Christmas?"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
  19. Seymore

Seymore Guest

Here's your solution...

Scott...

I do have a fix for you. This will also keep you from having to explain things to the DW... You can send the lenses to me. :cool: I be quiet about it all... :Angel:

20. Scott,

Don't worry about it! I did the same thing a few weeks ago. In fact, I went to Penn Camera to pick up a teleconverter for the 70-200 and walked out with the 12-24 plus accessories. My husband thought it was funny, he knew I wasn't going to come home with a single item. I went back a month later and purchased the Beast, plus a few other little items. They have a 200mm micro in the warehouse, but I am being strong...I think!