Lobster fest at home

Friends of mine (Angela and Tracy) recently went to New Brunswick, Canada on summer holidays (they are originally from there)

On Monday night at 10pm I got a call from them - they were at baggage claim at Pearson airport - with the lobsters that I had asked them to pick up for me - 2 lobsters @ 2lbs each

So I got them home, then had to wait until 5pm on Tuesday night to cook

The wife is not interested in shellfish of any kind, so it was all on me to devour these - they were DELICIOUS

Here are some images of the process - note my creative use of a work tool as a utensil - I couldn't find a nutcracker anywhere

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I bet that was some mighty fine eatin', there...!!

Love the lobster shell cracker (you get points for creativity and thinking outside the box on that one..!! :biggrin:)

smack in the middle of no-where, Ontario Canada
i've used a hammer and scissors in a pinch!

yummmy....one thing i miss about living on the east coast is picking out my own live lobster or mussels at the grocery store. and i made many a trip back to ontario for visits with the signature Clearwater box in tow, being eyed up hungrily by fellow travelers and security alike.

great photos too!

Nice dinner, but I am a little disappointed in the ice water (?) in the beer mug though...that is just not acceptable.

But where's the garlic butter!!!??? :eek: I would have put the water on to boil as I headed out to the airport, no matter how late it was! That looks like a great feast. I've never seen vacuum packed lobsters before.

But where's the garlic butter!!!??? :eek: I would have put the water on to boil as I headed out to the airport, no matter how late it was! That looks like a great feast. I've never seen vacuum packed lobsters before.
don't worry - there was lots of garlic butter - just missed it in the final shot

Looks delicious, but am I missing something? How do you vacuum pack a live lobster, I mean vacuum and live should be used in the same sentence?

it wasn't vacuum packed

it had newspaper lining the box - and a bag of frozen peas inside (they may have been for the 2lbs of scallops that was removed before I got the box)

They went into the pots alive

it wasn't vacuum packed

it had newspaper lining the box - and a bag of frozen peas inside (they may have been for the 2lbs of scallops that was removed before I got the box)

They went into the pots alive
OOOHH :confused: Just got of the phone with those nice folks. So we are looking at the end of the box, with a lobster in shiny plastic like water. Sorry:redface:

For those interested, shipping for 2 to Georgia was $25/30 and that price was about the same, with small change in weight price, if was two or ten.

awesome man! and i like the creative worktool its perfectly permisable in this area to use whatever you got, ih ave evne seen more than one leatherman whipped out in a restaurant lol

The frozen peas are to keep things cold? Never heard of anyone using peas. Maybe its a two-fer, keeps them nice and cool and if they get the munchies enroute....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom