Local Criterium

There was a criterium a few miles from my home yesterday; so, I got out my camera and headed over. As I have only used my camera one other time this year, I was glad just to be able to have a chance to shoot something. The shots could have been better, but I am just happy to be able to have anything to post.

D300, Nikon 70-200VR or Sigma 17-70, fill flash on some.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

nice shots,#1 and #5 my favourites - #1 the composition leads the eye through the field of riders.....#5 nice overtaking capture (is it Topaz Adj applied?!)

nice shots,#1 and #5 my favourites - #1 the composition leads the eye through the field of riders.....#5 nice overtaking capture (is it Topaz Adj applied?!)
Thanks, Nigel. I spent quite a while at the spot where I took #1. I liked how that curve made it easy to show a trail of riders behind the lead rider. Yes, #2 and #5 have Topaz Adjust applied.

Good stuff, the wide angle works very well, and great panning.
Thanks, Russ. I liked what the wide-angle did, especially on inside corners. Panning is way out of my comfort zone; so, I had to do some experimenting to figure out what worked.

#5 is a stunner. just the right about of movement and old'mate in the back is tack sharp.
Thank you, Sambo.

All are very good ,but 2 & 5 stand out to me . 2 because the flash adds a little extra zip & 5 is just a neat pan shot showing the two riders different speeds

All are very good ,but 2 & 5 stand out to me . 2 because the flash adds a little extra zip & 5 is just a neat pan shot showing the two riders different speeds
Thanks, Biggs. I was a bit off on the flash balance on 2, but I liked it anyway.

Well done Cliff. I really like the wide perspective on #2 and I think the panning on 5 & 6 is great.
Thank you, Greg. It had not tried it before, but wide-angle seems to work nicely on inside corners.

Super job Cliff! Nice to see you!:smile:
Thanks, Steve.

nicely done Cliff, I almost went to a Crit last weekend, but shot something else instead. Wouldn't have had had the nice backgrounds you had...
Crits make for nice shooting for lazy folks like me, as the riders keep coming back around.

Great shooting Cliff. I love #4. Perfect!

Cheers,
Steven
Thank you, Steven.

superb panning work Cliff
Thanks, Randy. This was my first attempt at slow shutter speed panning. It took a few shots to get the hang of it; but, it was not as difficult as I had expected, even with my shaky, old hands.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom