1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Local news helicopter

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by sypher, Mar 23, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    The other day I kept hearing these helicopters circle over my house. I kept thinking..."by the time I get my camera and get outside they will be gone." Finally I went outside and got a couple of shots before the this one took off. Apparently a bank not to far from where I live was robbed:eek:  :eek: 

[​IMG]

I should have posted %100 crop...you can see the pilot and passenger!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes yes
    I see this to often
    Very nice shot

3. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Very nice shot. Next time try to slow your shutter speed a little bit to get the top propeller to blur a bit. The rear is blurred but the top is stopped still and would look really good if it was blurred a bit. Good job!

4. cool shot and great color

5. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Thank you Gale.

Thanks Dave. When I had a sec to chimp I noticed the shutter speed was a little fast. Unfortunately he was on his way out when I got the pics, so I didn't get a second chance.

Dave thank you. My wife was outside and said that they were circling between our home and the mountains. I was hoping to catch him against the mountains, but he didn't want to cooperate. I can't complain to much because the black pait scheme makes the helecopter stand out against the crisp blue sky

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Nice pic of a Bell Long Ranger

Here are its details.

Thanks for sharing.

7. cool image, Thanks for posting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.