Local rodeo action

I managed to get out to the rodeo at a nearby town the other day. It was a hot, glaringly sunny day but lots of fun to watch all the competitions. I always like trying to capture the action as I can see elements in the photos that I miss in real time just watching the events. Here's a few shots I managed.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers, have a good day.
Jack

Those are great photos. Sharp and clear!
Thank you.

Fantastic images. #5 is my favorite of the set.
Thank you.
Great job! Not sure why anyone would want to ride a bull. :) Your photos certainly show the danger!
Thanks. One bull rider in an interview indicated in his career spanning 16 years that he had broken 70 bones. Accepting pain is part of the choice to compete. From my perspective, I am glad to be on the other side of the fence!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thanks. One bull rider in an interview indicated in his career spanning 16 years that he had broken 70 bones. Accepting pain is part of the choice to compete. From my perspective, I am glad to be on the other side of the fence!
No kidding! I wonder what they will feel like when they are my age!

I always like your rodeo pics Jack and all of these are very nice. Like F15Todd though, my favourite in this set is No.2. The rider has such complete confidence in her mount that she is not in the least concerned about how the horse takes the corner. Instead she is totally focused on what comes next. Just look at her face. The pic is a superb illustration of the interaction needed between the two. Wonderful!

I always like your rodeo pics Jack and all of these are very nice. Like F15Todd though, my favourite in this set is No.2. The rider has such complete confidence in her mount that she is not in the least concerned about how the horse takes the corner. Instead she is totally focused on what comes next. Just look at her face. The pic is a superb illustration of the interaction needed between the two. Wonderful!
Thank you. I have never ridden a horse and it always amazes me how confident these riders appear while racing around the barrel course in 15 seconds or so!

Great job of capturing the action. Looking at these I wonder what it that drives someone to jump off a horse and grab a cow by the horns. Wow.
Thanks. Not sure what drives them. The fellow in the photo ended up with the steer lying on top of him. He then held on until he could roll it off him and then wrestle him down onto the ground. Not a good score but a good demonstration of his determination and strength!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom