Loch Etive, Loch Morlich & Seamill - Scotland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by antsplan, Jul 18, 2008.

1. An abandoned jetty on Lochetive, Glen Etive Scotland, with what I believe is Ben Starav in the background. Just shortly before the entire area was grey and dark the end of which you can just see in the top left hand corner and then the clouds rolled on up the glen. This is almost straight out of the camera, with very little PP. Again I couldn't resist the Sigma 10-20mm in portrait orientation !!! 2 stop ND grad used.

2560934481_bfe547d31d_o.jpg

Loch Morlich & Cairngorms - One to return to when the light is a little less harsh. This is an HDR processed image.

2552165330_16b1eccbca_o.jpg

Seamill - West Coast of Scotland - 3 stop ND grad used

2528089642_bfd9ebe130_o.jpg

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Anthony, Scotland is just as green in your shots that I've always imagined it would be! Very lovely. You are a braver man than I shooting landscapes in portrait, and the results are beautiful.

3. pretty shots
    love that first one the most

well done
    thanks for sharing

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Really beautiful compositions ! Congrats !

5. Very nice shots Anthony. Especially #3. The algae on the rocks really glows in that light. I had to look up Seamill with Memory-Map to find out where it was. I don't know that coast at all, the only bit I've ever been to was Ayr and that's very different.

6. Wonderful pictures. Very humbling. I want to go there so bad.

7. Third shot is awesome

8. Agree; they're all great, but the third one is the charm.

9. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Anthony,

All are brilliant, but #3 is simply stunning. :377:

I was at my country club tonight, listening with envy to some friends who are getting ready for a golfing trip to St. Andrew's... I can only wish (not that I golf or anything, just yearning to go back to Scotland). :Sad:

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wow, I love these. The colors in No. 3 are breathtaking. Are the greens really that beautiful? If not, you did a great job of bringing them out.

11. That third shot is gorgeous. The grad was a bit of over-kill, for my taste, in the first two. The third is perfect.

12. Love the third one, nice compositions for all