Lockdownpour

June has also been spotty out here in the Pacific NW at best. Is that a rubber shake roof?
No. Those are genuine slates. This is the Lake District after all. They are just more uniform than most. Mine are also slate but follow the more traditional application of small at the peak and increasing in size as you descend the slope of the roof.

Very nice. Looked almost too perfect for slate.
I should have explained that a lot of slate used here, throughout the UK, is produced in the Lake District. We also have the famed green slate. Wales is another big producer of quality slate but I don't want to over-excite any Welshmen on here because we'll only end up talking about rugby.

Look what rain does to you!

Looks like what it's been like here for the last four days. We've had rain every day since Sunday totaling over four inches. Was sunny for a little while this morning, but it's starting to rain again now. And temperatures in the low 50's F all day every day - unheard of this late in June.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 3.08.01 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like what it's been like here for the last four days. We've had rain every day since Sunday totaling over four inches. Was sunny for a little while this morning, but it's starting to rain again now. And temperatures in the low 50's F all day every day - unheard of this late in June.

View attachment 1663697

Sounds and looks very familiar Jim, apart from the "unheard of" bit. It is definitely not unheard of here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom