Logan Airport Poster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, May 3, 2007.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    MA Audubon is using several of my images for large posters which will be plastered around Logan International Airport.....

Here's a proof of the first one.....

2. Congratulations Jim!

3. Great news, Jim. Congratulations!

4. Great! Congratulations.

Rich

5. It looks fantastic, Jim. Congratulations!

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I Was Pretty Pleased With This First One

The file actually looks horrible on screen but it looks great once it's printed out.

They're only printing enough of each poster for their actual needs......so I've asked for an original file so that I can print a large one out to frame for myself and the MA Audubon offices.

For whatever reaon, they're paying $250 a pop to get these printed / mounted.

7. avalanche161

avalanche161

May 17, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Congratulations Jim it looks great! I will keep an eye out for them as I pass through Logan.

8. Way to go, Jim!

PaulC

9. RexRoy

RexRoy

Jan 4, 2006
    New York
    i love that owl shot. congratulations!

10. Congrats my friend way to go

11. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Congrats Jim. It'll be no time before we start seeing your photos all over the stations for the T.

12. Congrats Jim, that's great!!!!

As for the comment on pricing......come on....it's Massport. A Taxachusetts-run organization....of course it's neither efficient nor sensical! :tongue:

13. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Awesome, Jim.

I like the poster it looks very clean, making your imagery the main focus. What are the other images they are using?

$250 does seem awful high for printing and mounting. What is the final size of each piece?

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Way to go Jim

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Jim,
    Definitely great news...Congrats to you!!

16. That is fantastic. I occassionaly travel through Logan; so, I will keep my eyes open. When are the posters going to be displayed?

17. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Let's See....

A) I don't know for how long they'll be displayed but my guess is that it will be for some time to come beginning shortly.

B) I'm not sure of the final size, but the image portion is 24" x 24" so I'm guessing that the overall posters will be pretty large.

18. Jim, congratulations!

19. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Just did a quick "analysis" in PS and some easy math, and I came up with somewhere around 32" x 74". I've never printed anything past 8" x 10", so I can imagine that these will be pretty large.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.