Logo Question

One part of my business is covering motorsports and I'm trying to change my logo to something much more simplistic and easy to read. I've noticed that most of the "big boys" out there have very simple and straight forward logos, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'd appreciate any feedback; too simple, not recognizable, perfect, etc.

Here's a draft of the new look:

2782933565_0c366f8df7_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the current logo:

2782809295_9849d708f9_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David,

My personal preference stays with your original image. I much prefer the choice of graphics - the new design is just too simple, and a bit 'boring'

I like the use of the car and flag images in the old logo - it shows what it is all about. Maybe one suggestion, if you really want to change it, could be to use all of the same items, but reduce the size of the flag and car so it is the same height as the text, and place this to the left of the text, with an additional .com on the right. In my mind it looks good :biggrin:

Thanks!

Here's a slightly different look (color only). I'm looking for something that will translate well onto shirts, hats and vehicle decals.

Thanks again!

2783809314_5d11eaf409_o.jpg

F

fivegrand

Thanks!

Here's a slightly different look (color only). I'm looking for something that will translate well onto shirts, hats and vehicle decals.

Thanks again!

This version makes me wonder if it's "Racing Digital Images," which the first banner-type logo does not as much.

Thanks!

Thanks again!

David, the new design works well for a bumper sticker, but for a tee shirt, decal or cap, I like the original.

IMHO.... On the original logo, the font is a bit busy.

I would probably remove the red circle behind the car, keep the flags but move the car up between them reduced in size with a different font.

Thanks guys. All good comments. Keep them coming. I'm open to all suggestions.

I'm going to have hat and shirts made as well as vehicle graphics. Right now I have 2 copies of the 2nd logo on the 2 side windows of my Hummer with the web site incorporated.

I

iLLMaCK

Thanks!

Thanks again!

this one.
simplicity is key

A good rule of thumb is how well a logo can downsize, especially on letterheads and business cards. Also imagine how it well it would translate into B&W. I like the second one, try simplifying it. Here's mine, very simple and basic! :wink:

home3.gif

Hey David - Just curious why you have the word "Digital" in your logo. Doesn't seem necessary to me. I like the old version better.

When I was trying to find an appropriate and available name, that was the combination that was available. RacingImages.com was taken as well as lots of other variants.

Latest threads

Top Bottom