1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lonaconing Silk Mill & Western MD weekend

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by KristinB, Apr 16, 2014.

1. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    A number of us did a shoot at the Lonaconing Silk Mill last year as a day trip - we're going back again, but this time we're adding a little more time to shoot scenics around the area.

There is a fee for the mill shoot - $75 for 3 hours - this helps the owner maintain the property. We already have 9 photographers attending (the owner does have a minimum number that he requires), but have room for more and would love to share this great location before it's gone. The owner has been trying to hold out from selling, and would like to maintain its historic status, but is having difficulty doing so. If you're on the fence, you might want to visit this place sooner rather than later. This past winter was very tough on the infrastructure.

Friday, 5/16 - arrive and meet up at La Vale MD Comfort Inn, take advantage of Scenic Byways along the way if possible
    Saturday, 5/17 - Swallow Falls State Park, roadside photo ops such as barns and old cars/trucks
    Sunday, 5/18 - Silk Mill (meet at 9:30 am), then Scenic Byways on the way home

Note: some of us are only doing the mill as a day trip again.

MParker (Mike)
    KristinB
    Mike Buckley & Joellen
    pinn8 (Steve)
    Steve B & friend
    CombatCam (Matt)
    Victor

2. Anxious to do this! I made sooo many mistakes last time.

3. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    I am too - looking forward to really using my new gear. :)  Oh, and I have a 10th person (not a Cafe member) coming now.

4. Definitely looking forward to the entire weekend, whether its photographing the mill or getting in a good hike at the state park.

5. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    We now have 12, tentatively 13 (waiting to hear from a Cafe member). So at this point I am going to say the silk mill is fully booked. If anyone else is interested, PM me, we may have cancellations. Obviously anyone is welcome to join in on Saturday as planned.

6. GreyBeard

GreyBeard

Oct 7, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm assuming you have counted me among the participants. I will be there for the entire weekend.

7. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Sorry, Dave - I must have gotten my RSVPs confused when I was compiling the lists and accidentally left you off this one. Here's our final list:

MParker (Mike)
    KristinB & 2 friends - silk mill only
    Mike Buckley & Joellen
    pinn8 (Steve)
    Steve B & friend
    CombatCam (Matt) - silk mill only
    Victor
    GreyBeard (Dave)

8. GreyBeard

GreyBeard

Oct 7, 2007
    Maryland
    I'll be arriving in the general area around lunch time. Anyone else arriving around that time get in touch with me. I'd like to take some time that afternoon to shoot at the Western Maryland scenic railroad in Cumberland. David cell: 301-351-7090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.