1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lone bright spot...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by nburwell, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ...Before Winter hits. This caught my eye as I was coming home from class. It's in my mom's garden, so I figured before Winter comes and dies, I might as well preserve it through a photograph. I'm probably going to end up printing this and giving it to my mom (she loves her flowers).

flower22.

2. Very pleasing to the eye Nick. I am sure she will love it. What postprocessing was applied? Background looks black and white.
    Dave

3. Thanks, Dave. In PhotoShop, I created a hue/saturation layer, and draged the saturation all the way to the left (making it black & white). Then I just colored in the flower using the paintbrush tool.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice, love the color and the lone flower.
    I think I would make the entire back groud black and see how it looks.
    Crop just a tad from right for comp.

Mom will love it no matter what :>)))

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Nick, this is a cool capture. Nice color. I like photos that have been desaturated and then an area brought back to color.

Nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.