Lonely and Forgotten: Reshoot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gbenic, Sep 3, 2005.

1. I tried a different approach after reading everyone's advice. How's this one?

[​IMG]

2. It's a good image Greg, but for me the angled iron bar doesn't work too well.

Angled picture elements can do certain things for an image: it's sometimes said that a bottom left to top right angle can give a sense of dynamism and a top left to bottom right gives a sense of tranquility. And of course an angled element like a road or a fence can lead the eye into the image. The iron bar here doesn't seem to lead to or from anything.

I do like the low viewpoint, though.

3. Thanks Mike, I didn't think of that.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I liked your first one better. I loved the big maple leaf in it.

Would make art out of it i think. not sure what at the moment exactly what yet. Would maybe to do some light painting one it :>))))))

5. Hi Greg,

This is a nice try. You have use DOF to somewhat isolate the broken down tombstone; however, the interest is not high there either. If it were laying on its back where you could read the lettering it would be better. I know you had to work with what you had but sometimes we just need to pass the shot by. To me at least there is nothing in this image that I would call a center of interest.

6. Gordon kind of stole what I was going to say. This image lacks a compelling subject. A for effort though!