Lonely and Forgotten

Please critique. With all of your help, I will be able to "see" better and learn how to capture it better.

dsc_0171c_gbenic.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dsc_0173c_gbenic.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The second one is very powerful and moving, especially with the title, I'd leave it as is.
The first: Lose the fence. I know it looks old and interesting, but if that is what you want to do, then do the fence on it's own. Fences across an image create a wall or block in our minds, keeping us from entering the photo. Fences on an angle, that lead our eye into the photo are ok. Not sure what you want to show with the first one. Decide on your subject before you shoot, and do your best to illustrate it, leaving things that don't relate to it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the second one there's not enough information from the image to recognize the context of the picture.

In the first, I would shoot to isolate the fence and tombstones removing the building. Isolation is better supported by showing only the graveyard and the fence around it adds to the power of the image.

Rich.

on # 1 Definetly get rid of the bldg. Maybe try a different angle, and very the hieght your sooting from IE. ground up , or High shooting down.Just have to expieriment.

I like the second one. Knowing what it is from the title...

I realy like the lone leaf in that image as well. Give it a great touch.

I agree with the whole fence situation. Try taking it from inside (if you're able to) the gate, so as it's not in the photograph. This is just my own personal opinion, but I think the first one would convey what you're looking for in B&W. Like I said, it's my own personal opinion- I like it in color, too.

Latest threads

Top Bottom