Long Beach Peninsula Deer

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Caught this doe in my front yard browsing the dune grass, there were two fawns with her, but didn't get them. Shot with a D70 and 70-200VR.

[​IMG]

louie

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    It's a real beauty Louis. You must live an a really cool place to have Deer in your front yard. Sounds like my kind of place. I'm very envious. :wink:

3. Hi, Louis

Nice shot. I like the way the textures in the grasses set off the subject.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Beautifully done!

5. Thanks for your comments. The Long Beach Peninsula in the state of Washington is a rather remote location, lots of dune grass and a scattering of houses. So it's not uncommon for all sorts of wildlife to come around, and they don't seem to be to concerned about us humans.

Frank, I'm practicing and studying a few of the insights you gave me on the D2H, getting ready for my trip to Merritt Island next month.

Louie

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Lucky you to be there
    and a nice shot to boot :smile:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Louis,

I'm sure that you are flying to Merritt, but if you get the chance to stop by here while you are at this end of the country, give me a heads up and we can go shoot GBH's. :smile:

8. Louie this would make a very nice print to hang on a wall. The colors are great.

9. Thanks Jim, I might try doing a print. If I'm back this Sunday from Eastern Washington maybe I'll see you at Juanita, if it's not raining.

Frank, I'd love to stop by, but my wife has this trip all planned out. In fact, I'm not sure how I managed to steal a couple of days out for Merritt Island and Viera. I'm almost positive that I told my wife, it's the relatives and the birds not the relatives are for the birds. Oh well.

I'm sure looking forward to visiting those areas.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Louis,

Well, if not this time, just make sure that you put in a day or two on the schedule the next time you are on the right coast. :smile:

11. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shot, Louis!

12. Very pretty shot, the grass reallyadds so much to the composition...great eye!!!

13. Hoping to get out in search of some whitetail this weekend very nicely done

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Louis,
    I really love deer with those big beeautiful eyes and soft ears. Pet them at the zoo.

Look foward to seeing you in Merritt and Viera :>))))))))))

15. Nice shot Louis.

BTW, nice front yard... :smile: