Long distance shot

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I bought myself a Tokina 500mm f8 mirror lens(1986 Nikon fit model)) for £50 and tried it out on my village church at 2 Kilometers distance,with the minimum of tweaking,and slight cropping in the software supplied with the camera I'm suprised at the result.The sun catching it at the right time helped.

V

PS Thank God for the immediacy of digital cameras.

Hi Bruce,The village is Woodbury ,in East Devon UK.This Tokina was a one- off buy that happened to fit my Nikon D40X .I tend to buy up cheap manual lenses as the optical engineering on some of them are superb,also,I've learned more about the 'mechanics' of photography by going manual on a digital camera than I otherwise would have.I have no previous experience of Tokina but from my reading up on this lens they were,in the past,one of the top three.I know nothing of modern Tokina's.

V

Not bad for £50 eh?

Did you rotate the pic at all? It's just that there appears to be some black areas in the corners.

Yes M.A complete oversight on my part before posting:redface:At the distance I took the photograph it was impossible to get the perpendicular of the Church,so I did some straightening without doing a crop'

V

PS Must try harder:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom