1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Long Lens Frustration

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by agw0, May 18, 2007.

1. agw0

agw0

Oct 28, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    Hi all,

I've pondered which long (>200mm) lens to get for quite a while. My longest lenses currently are the 80-200/2.8 and 200/4 AF. The main contenders where, in no particular order:
    • Nikon 80-400 VR
    • Sigma 100-300/4 + TC1.4
    • Nikon 300/4 + TC
    • Sigma 50-500

A spout of long-lens-discussions here on the board some 4 weeks ago finally made me make up my mind and order the 300/4 AFS + TC14EII, mainly because of supposedly better IQ, and because it is a better addition to my kit, other than a replacement/double, as the other choices were.

Well, it seems that I was too hesitant - today I got the news from my dealer, that the lens, according to Nikon Germany, won't be available for another 8-12 weeks :eek:  Well, things sometimes don't work out the way we'd like, I guess...

Best regards, and happy shooting everyone,

2. I'm so sorry to hear that, how frustrating!! Any chance you could find a good used one?

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    It's Available in the US

I know of a couple of shops locally that have it in stock.

PM me if you'd be interested and I can give you their info.

4. cgrab

cgrab

Jan 3, 2007
    France
    I have in the past ordered from B&H for delivery in the EU. Including customs and taxes, things are still a bit cheaper. Warranty might be the only open question.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.