Long Lens Practice (Soccer Images)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Gary7770, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Finally had a little time to go out and do some practice shooting although not as long as I would have liked. I left the D3 and D300 at home and took out the D2X just back from Nikon for clean/check and AF adjust.

Comments appreciated.
    1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Gary

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    #3 and the last good sweet to me. For some reason players leaning back just don't work that well for me. Just looks off-balance

3. Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated!

Gary

4. 2,3 and 4 do it for me the rest are nice but those three catch my eye, to quote AI "practice its just practice" and you dont need anymore

5. I like the last one best, looks like he was just flagged for being offside.

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    2&4 for me! nice job with the practice....

7. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Great color, sharp Images, peek action, Fantastic. Number 4 is my favorite of the group.

Gregory

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are all good, but the first looks just a tad soft on my laptop. I think you did very well, soccer is tough to capture.

9. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Very nice work Gary

10. Thanks Mike, I hope to be able to get out and do it more.

I think that's exactly what happened, I have a good sequence of him running towards me and that was the final one.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, much appreciated.

Thanks Gregory!

You might be right, I'm also working being more selective with my keepers and my post processing, sometimes I'm on the fence and should probably go with my gut and drop the image.

Thanks Alex, means alot to me.