1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Long time but hello from Gulu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiwi Geoff, Dec 20, 2018.

1. I haven't been here for I don't know how long but something popped the Cafe into my head so hello all and here I am alive in Uganda... I've been here two years this trip :) 
    This year life took an unexpected turn with the arrival of twin boys Opiyo (the traditional name for the first born of twins) and Ocen (also the traditional name and pronounced O Chen) I'm March....

Here they are:
    IMG_0078.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is Ocen
    IMG_0083.JPG

This is Opiyo
    IMG_0084.JPG

Me with me one hair style at a festival last weekend
    IMG_9609.jpg

My beautiful Acoli 'wife' Auma Mirriam who has two other children.
    IMG_9702.jpg

I am still a photographer but more of a humanitarian based in Gulu, still work with Adobe and their first African based Adobe Community Professional......
    We have a grass thatched hut in the village near Odek 70km from Gulu which is where the rebel leader Kony came from........

Wishing everyone Seasons Greetings from Gulu where its 30ºC most days ....;) 

If you like follow me on Facebook; geoffwalkernz

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Geoff, so glad you dropped in, as always, truly appreciated you here on the cafe. Beautiful pics of the family, and the first twins shot is truly special.

Thanks for sharing my friend!

3. Geoff - congrats on the twins and thanks for stopping in. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and happy holidays to you and your family.

4. Welcome back. You've been missed. Now that you have gorgeous models readily at hand there are no more excuses for bad pics. :D 

5. Great to see you back at the Café, buddy. And with terrific photos! Don't be a stranger . . .

6. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Geoff, thank you for popping in and saying hello! I've always appreciated you here and have missed your presence a lot. Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful family!!! You guys look so happy.

Don't be a stranger, my friend!

7. Hey, great to hear from you, and even greater to see pictures of that lovely family of yours. Keep posting.

8. Geoff – good to hear from you. On Facebook your former TravelPhotographers.net community now has a group and we’d love to see you there as well.

9. By the way, Facebook says you have reached your 5000 Friend limit.

10. Glad to see you back, Geoff.

11. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Welcome back Geoff.
    I hope you'll rest longer ;) :) :cool: 

Kind regards
    Klaus

12. Thank you for the kind words.... a bit more of life in Northern Uganda

Kids in our neighborhood love having their image recorded- especially by the old muzungu (white), I’m the only one in the neighborhood
    E9791AE9-2046-4EB3-9374-475C3B3491AC.jpeg

Nyeko has a disability undiagnosed but could be autism or something similar- he lives on the streets mostly .. I try and give him something when I see him so this day he teceived bread and a drawing book plus crayons
    6FE2F1D6-4E02-48FF-B246-B89FB1DB3B1B.jpeg

Here’s our little family.. from 60 year old batchelor to all of this - Sarah 14 ( Mirriam’s sister) with Opiyo, Blessing 7, Eddy 11, me with Ocen and neighbour Ziphorilla - we slso have Winnie 12 with us ... Mirriam took the click!!
    232A9F34-25F1-427D-B1D3-DE2BE8D3EC11.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Hi, Geoff! So nice to "see" you again! Your twins are adorable and your wife looks like she is a lot of fun as well as being a lovely woman! Your posts just sing with happiness now...... LOVE that last photo, it's just terrific of everyone in it! Lots of joy and caring going on there.....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  14. Hi, Geoff!! So nice to see you here and to catch up on your adventures. The twins are beautiful and your wife is too!!

15. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Oh wow - Geoff! Happy to see you again, and what a lovely family you have! Thanks for sharing the photos and welcome back!

16. Geoff, your wife and twins are beautiful! Thank you for sharing this great life of yours!

17. looking good buddy, glad to see you here again

18. No wonder I didn’t see you on my last trip to the wairarapa. Looks like you are having a fun time

19. Btw I like your new hair style. It suits you

20. Hi Geoff, good to see you back on the cafe. I have enjoyed your images. What particular thing are you focusing on now since we last talked?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.