Long time but hello from Gulu

I haven't been here for I don't know how long but something popped the Cafe into my head so hello all and here I am alive in Uganda... I've been here two years this trip :)
This year life took an unexpected turn with the arrival of twin boys Opiyo (the traditional name for the first born of twins) and Ocen (also the traditional name and pronounced O Chen) I'm March....

Here they are:
IMG_0078.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is Ocen
IMG_0083.JPG

This is Opiyo
IMG_0084.JPG

Me with me one hair style at a festival last weekend
IMG_9609.jpg

My beautiful Acoli 'wife' Auma Mirriam who has two other children.
IMG_9702.jpg

I am still a photographer but more of a humanitarian based in Gulu, still work with Adobe and their first African based Adobe Community Professional......
We have a grass thatched hut in the village near Odek 70km from Gulu which is where the rebel leader Kony came from........

Wishing everyone Seasons Greetings from Gulu where its 30ºC most days ....;)

If you like follow me on Facebook; geoffwalkernz

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Geoff, so glad you dropped in, as always, truly appreciated you here on the cafe. Beautiful pics of the family, and the first twins shot is truly special.

Thanks for sharing my friend!

Geoff - congrats on the twins and thanks for stopping in. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and happy holidays to you and your family.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Geoff, thank you for popping in and saying hello! I've always appreciated you here and have missed your presence a lot. Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful family!!! You guys look so happy.

Don't be a stranger, my friend!

Thank you for the kind words.... a bit more of life in Northern Uganda

Kids in our neighborhood love having their image recorded- especially by the old muzungu (white), I’m the only one in the neighborhood
E9791AE9-2046-4EB3-9374-475C3B3491AC.jpeg

Nyeko has a disability undiagnosed but could be autism or something similar- he lives on the streets mostly .. I try and give him something when I see him so this day he teceived bread and a drawing book plus crayons
6FE2F1D6-4E02-48FF-B246-B89FB1DB3B1B.jpeg

Here’s our little family.. from 60 year old batchelor to all of this - Sarah 14 ( Mirriam’s sister) with Opiyo, Blessing 7, Eddy 11, me with Ocen and neighbour Ziphorilla - we slso have Winnie 12 with us ... Mirriam took the click!!
232A9F34-25F1-427D-B1D3-DE2BE8D3EC11.jpeg

Attachments

• EDF4AD06-2FF2-4B51-A259-F9AF28D5EB69.jpeg
    EDF4AD06-2FF2-4B51-A259-F9AF28D5EB69.jpeg
    642.8 KB · Views: 166

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Oh wow - Geoff! Happy to see you again, and what a lovely family you have! Thanks for sharing the photos and welcome back!

Hi Geoff, good to see you back on the cafe. I have enjoyed your images. What particular thing are you focusing on now since we last talked?

Latest threads

Top Bottom