Long time no post....

Got to shoot some birds today. Been busy and haven't picked up the camera in quite a while. All with Nikon D2H and 300afs f4.

An Osprey stopped and drank in the lagoon, and gave me a nice 24 frame burst coming straight at camera. Full gallery and sequence here: http://www.pbase.com/wembley/sept_20th_2008

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 255461

View attachment 255462

View attachment 255463

View attachment 255464

some others
terns
View attachment 255465

peep
View attachment 255466

spoonbill in flight
View attachment 255467

little blue heron
View attachment 255468

cheers
wembley

Mike and Hal:

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes you get lucky and the bird does what you want them to do, in this case fly straight at me.

cheers
wembley

Wembley, what a fantastic series! I'll bet you could put all those osprey shots into a cool animation. My favorite shot is the flock of terns.

Love the Osprey, not sure which one I like best. The spray from the take off is pretty neat. Are you still up in Bradenton or in Naples?

Jen:
Thanks. I will try to put it together in an animated gif sometime.

Phillip:
thanks

David:
It would have been nice to have a fish as well wouldn't it. It was actually bathing in the water when I spotted it. I waded into the middle of the lagoon to try and get a cleaner background.
thanks

John Carol and Ol Jerr.
Thanks. In Naples (need to update my info). This was at Little Estero Lagoon. JC and Ol Jerr, maybe we can get together to shoot sometime.

Jim:

thanks.

I love the d2H and I love that its price has dropped so low. I have no fear traipsing through the lagoon to get pictures at the current prices.

cheers
wembley

Latest threads

Top Bottom