Longer flash cords anyone?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by SMH77, Sep 11, 2008.

1. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Guys / Gals,

Has anyone tried 'stacking' SC-28 / 29 / -17 (any combination) of cords to create a 'longer' cord for more reach? There are several reasons I'm considering this option, and using the wireless setup is not an option (due to pre-flashes, etc.).

Has anyone tried this or know if it's possible?

Thanks in advance for the input...

Sean

2. I did this a couple of times with my old D100 setup. I can't remember the exact combination but It seemed to work just fine.

3. I use the SC17 and do know that the SC28/29 will work as well. The SC17 is simply an older version of the other two and is minus one option/pin (can't remember exactly what it is). These cords should work fine when strung together but the controlling factor will be the SC17 cord.

4. Hi, Sean! The sync cords are actually pretty long, but they are tightly coiled. There's an interesting article on the Strobist blog about a several solutions to lengthening the cords.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2008/05/lighting-tip-neuter-your-sc-17.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.