Longwood Gardens Conservatories

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mike mac, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Here are some shots taken inside the conservatories at Longwood Gardens. Here is a link to their website, I recommend for all that ever have a chance to visit.
    www.longwoodgardens.org
    These were all taken with the D2X and the Nikon 28-70 2.8
    Main Conservatory with Mums
    [​IMG]
    The Fern Walk
    [​IMG]
    Pom Pom Mum
    [​IMG]
    Silver Garden
    [​IMG]
    New East Conservatory
    [​IMG]
    Display in New East Conservatory
    [​IMG]
    Flower not sure of type forgot to write it down
    [​IMG]
    Bird of Paradise
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a beautiful place Mike. No wonder you like to go there.

Your images are wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing.

3. I feel like a broken record! I always like looking at your shots. They have such a nice quality to them. I especially like the pompom mum. The exposure on this laptop looks really nice!

4. Gale it is a great place to go and hang out for the day

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,
    The pompom mum is wonderful, but I'm drawn the the New East Conservatory! Looks like that is a place I could spend hours! Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos.

6. Looks like you arrived in time for the Chysanthemum festival. I hope I can make it there before it ends. Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

7. Really nice images Mike. The detail in these shots is great and the colors soft and beautiful.

8. Leigh
    They were very cool looking I was amazed at the differnet types of mums and how they have trained them to gro in certain shapes

9. Crystal
    Long time no see hope all si well
    yes try to get there before the holiday season and the masses of people. I am a member so give me a PM fi you woudl be interested in hookign up for a shoot. Tripods can be used until 12:00

10. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Very nice Mike. I haven't had a chance to go since they re-opened the conservatory. My kids can't wait until the open the new children's garden. I like your shot of the silver room. I think that is one of my favorite spots at the gardens. Thanks for sharing these with us. :smile:

11. Thanks Gordon
    Thsi a photograpehrs paradise

12. Wonderful idea! I am positive that we will visit the Gardens at least two more times before snow flies. I will make sure I PM you before we head north.

I understand that the Holiday display is awe-inspiring. Hope to see you there.

13. MariaVoniati

MariaVoniati Guest

Great place Mike. You are a very lucky guy to be able to visit these wonderfull garden. By the way the pictures are very good.

thanks 4 sharing

14. MariaVoniati

MariaVoniati Guest

Great place Mike. You are a very lucky guy to be able to visit these wonderfull garden. By the way the pictures are very good.

thanks 4 sharing

15. Thanks you Maria if you ever make a holiday over here try to visit it is one of the most world renowned gardens. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment

16. You've reminded me what a great place Longwood Gardens is with your wonderful photos. I haven't been for such a long time, and we aren't all that far away. The conservatory would be great for both wide-angle and macro practice during cold weather, wouldn't it??
    The Bird of Paradise shot is lovely, my fave.
    Mike you really get around and shoot a lot !! Good for you !!!!!
    [EDIT: The leaf of your unknown flower looks like a chrysanthemum leaf.]