Look at the balls on this one....

Pollen balls that is.

I have a question about the yellow, to me it looks totaly blown but when I check the histogram its fine on all channels no clipping at all just a sharp spike at that color, is it just to much of the same color yellow?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

200 f4 Micro + 1.4 tc, T.S. flash bracket, hand held, 1/500 f22.

Martin

J

JMartin

Yellow...

Martin,

I think the yellow may be blown a bit as you can't make out the detail in the flower, but I think this is one of those times where blown out is ok.

Your subject is the bee and it is captured beautifully... I think if the flowers weren't blown and you could see their detail it would detract from the bee.

Other than that, I am jealous! I just wish I had a decent macro lens, let alone the 200!

No pun intended, but that guy found a gold mine.

Beautiful and great detail. Can even see his little eye poking out of all that pollen :>)))

The yellows look great. I agree with the first poster, if the yellow had more detail I wouldn't focus on the bee. I find yellow and reds to be very difficult to render anyway. I really like the composition in this image too.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom