Look at the balls on this one....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Pollen balls that is.

I have a question about the yellow, to me it looks totaly blown but when I check the histogram its fine on all channels no clipping at all just a sharp spike at that color, is it just to much of the same color yellow?
    [​IMG]
    200 f4 Micro + 1.4 tc, T.S. flash bracket, hand held, 1/500 f22.

Martin

2. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Yellow...

Martin,

I think the yellow may be blown a bit as you can't make out the detail in the flower, but I think this is one of those times where blown out is ok.

Your subject is the bee and it is captured beautifully... I think if the flowers weren't blown and you could see their detail it would detract from the bee.

Other than that, I am jealous! I just wish I had a decent macro lens, let alone the 200!

3. super shot Martin...I like the yellow !!

4. I think it is great. I don't think the yellow is blown. The part of the flower next to what is in focus looks good.
    Pete

5. This guy is really getting down and dirty. A real worker for sure. Well seen and taken image.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    No pun intended, but that guy found a gold mine.

Beautiful and great detail. Can even see his little eye poking out of all that pollen :>)))

7. The yellows look great. I agree with the first poster, if the yellow had more detail I wouldn't focus on the bee. I find yellow and reds to be very difficult to render anyway. I really like the composition in this image too.

8. Thanks for the comments and feedback, what I liked about this picture was the stance of the bee. makes it look like he is working hard.

Martin