Look at what I got for Christmas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Dec 25, 2005.

1. original.

no, not the sky, or the house...

a 70-200 f2.8 VR lens from my wife. I shot this with it....

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris,

You will love it. You better be good to her now. :wink:

3. WOW, what a great gift! cant wait to see what you do with it.
    Merry Christmas Harris. Can I "borrow" your wife next December. I will be good to her :^)

4. Merry Christmas, Harris. What a wonderful gift (and a wonderful wife)!

Can I ask your wife to talk with mine?

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Very nice red sunset Harris! Glad you finally got your butt outside and took a few shots with that new baby! If you don't already, you're gonna ;earn to love that lens!

6. You're a lucky man. You'll love the lens.

7. I commented in your other thread but Harris, you're gonna love this lens! I just started playing around with mine yesterday and was astounded at the clarity and sharpness. Absolutely blew me away! I was having regret buying it but after the last 2 days...I think you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!!

8. You notice the way the VR froze those telephone wires right there in the nightime sky?? Way to go my man.

9. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    That's an awesome new toy, I know you will love it. I broke down and ordered a D200 for xmas, it's been at the post office for a few days and I just have not found the time to pick up...something must be wrong with me!

10. A belated thanks to all. I havent been able to use it in decent light yet, but will be meeting Birger and Uncle Frank at the Zoo in West Palm, so this will be a great opportunity.

That VR sure does allow for stopping the action when normal handholding wouldnt...

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,
    Give Birger a Bigggggg hug for me will ya :>)))
    Have a great day and enjoy that fantastic lens :>))

12. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Lol... Gordon, you're dangerous! :biggrin:
    Congradulations Harris!!
    Jarrell

13. Hey Jarrell, I was thinking about you. Miss seeing your posts. Hope you and the family had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks!

14. NO problem Gale, will be bringing Santa's gift for you asap...:wink:

15. Congratulations Harris! I keep that lens and the TC in my bag. I was hoping for a 18-200VR but got a full day in the spa instead! Can someone speak to my husband please?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

16. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    That's a heck of a gift - and a heck of a lens. Mine is as sharp as a prime, and I hope you enjoy it as much.