1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Look For Help Or Information:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbsmith, Dec 17, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I have several 8mm video tapes that I recorded of my boys practicing and competeing in watersking as they were growing up. Off course the camera I had was broken years ago. I would love to have the tapes transfered to DVD. Is there anyone that does this type of thing. I have checked around with friends who used to have them. But no one has one that is working. I have a dvd recorder but cannot find a 8mm video camera.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ritz/Wolf Camera offers that service near my home. If there is a Ritz or Wolf Camera near you, give them a call and ask.

3. Rex, I don't know if you're on Windows or not (not familiar with Mac offerings) but Windows comes with Windows Movie Maker that has a video capture feature. Of course you'd need a capture device but they're not that expensive. I've used this for my old 8mm videos and burned them to VCDs. I also bought a device to capture my MiniDV tapes to computer.

Pinnacle is one manufacturer that comes to mind but know there are others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.