1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Look into my eye

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Cslucas34, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DE5CE31C-58DB-43B0-B087-7FC3BA3E52EC.jpeg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    They say the Eyes are the windows to your soul. When you look closely, what do you see?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good try, but unfortunate in my "eyes" doesn't completely work.
    Not sharp, not completely in focus. Macro work is hard, often with a very shallow DOF.
    I too like doing these quick little projects. Often, like this, not original, but fun to play with.
    Sometimes they work, often they do not.
    For me anyway, this type of image needs to be sharp. Eyelashes and skin, as well as the eye itself.
    Need to include the entire eye.
    I have seen this type of image so many times it needs to be extremely well done to rise up from the clutter.
    Keep playing- good images are in here somewhere, but it is hard.
    Gary

3. Thanks for the feedback, although this is not a macro shot. It’s a regular photo at 50mm that I cropped. I was playing with words to clue people into seeing the reflection of the camera captured in the eye. My models eyes were watering from the weather. Thanks for the pointers.

4. Looks sharp on my phone. I like it(y).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Creative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agreed with Nick.
    Creative and the selective colouring works!

Cool variant of a selfie :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. I really like the concept and the reflection.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.