Look Ma, no wings!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Chris101, May 3, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

This black bee really does have wings, but was beating them faster than the camera could catch. This photo is processed entirely with the new ACR - except for resize and sharpen in Photoshop CS2 (my first photo with the new software.) The new ACR is amazing - I wanted to emphasize the bee and subdue the very colorful background, and ACR's new curve control did just that.

Bridge still seems a bit slow, but as there is a high volume job coming up next week, I'll need to get a speedy workflow down by then!

2. Hi Chris,

Good capture. The bee seems to do a levitation trick. Thanks for sahring.

3. Cool shot, Chris. :D :D

4. Chris,
    Sounds like you are liking the new software. This is a neat capture. Curious about the camera/lens used and camera settings on this one.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thank you guys:

Dao. Actually the bee was hovering, but did have wings. I heard them.

-------

Brian: it was cool because the bee just sat there in front of me for some time, waiting for me to get my camera out. Very cooperative.

-------

I am liking CS2 Dave, but then it was expensive, so I had better. ;) I don't have one of the new cameras, so the lack of D2x software is not a hardship. I find the new capabilities to be things I can use, but I don't like the added complexity and associated slowness.

Oh yeah:
    D100, 180mm f/2.8 @ f/3.2, 1/750 sec., iso 200, aperture priority, matrix metered with 1.33 stops of compensation added to be sure to capture detail on the black animal. No flash, but now I'm thinking I should have tried it.

6. much obliged, Ghris. all the info is helpful.

7. oopsy.... Chris

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shot Chris. You are right; as hard as it is to track these guys down most of the time, occasionally you get lucky and they just hover right in from of you. With my luck though, I usually have a telephoto mounted. :?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.