Look ma - no wires!

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Luke_Miller, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Just did an engagement photo shoot in my primative basement studio. Used two SB-800s firing into 48" umbrellas and an SB-600 lighting the background. All controlled with an SU-800. I had Lightroom running on my laptop and set it up to auto import from a watched folder. Set my D2X to capture Raw and jpeg basic and then set up my WT-2A to transmit the basic jpeg to the watched folder. Lightroom automatically imported the images as they were captured and displayed them full screen so the couple could pick the ones they liked. If I had the slideshow function running in display all and continuous modes, each new image would be added to the show as it was received. Pretty slick!

My thought is even if you take lousy pictures you can have fun with the technology :biggrin:

2. Congratulations on the setup Luke. It really does sound cool.

3. indeed - v cool,. what's the range on the WT-2A ?

Sil

4. Don't really know. My studio is in the basement and communication to my laptop was via the wireless router in my second floor bedroom.