Look MUM a FLY

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Have never seen a fly eating nector from a flower before.... yes that is a Mum.. been lurking lately waiting for another good shot to post.. weather has not been the best for outside macro stuff.. hope you like this one..How is DOF?? Think it turned out ok...

[​IMG]

Tim

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    not one to pump my own threads.. but thought at least a hey good picture or this one sucks :smile: comments would come from this one.. Please look again.. any thing even a hey you could have done this or could have done that... lol..
    Thanks again Tim

3. Sorry Tim, must have missed this excellent shot entirely. I think the veins in the wings of the fly are spectacular. Wonderful image with nice color in the mum and the fly itself. Keep them coming.

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks Gordon.. thought maybe this one got over looked.. so many nice macros comming in.. Great to see them all....

Tim

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Where was this post hiding. I did not see it either.

The colors on that yummy :<( fly are great.

I am not a macro expert, but think the DOF is good. Nice color mum tooooo..

Sorry missed first time around.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I've tried and tried to capture a fly like this but they never seem to stay still long enough.

I really like this one. Thanks for sharing.

7. You know, I'm with Patrick, I can never figure out how you guys do it. Fly's won't even sit still long enough for me to swat them let alone take their picture. It amazes me to see one like this.

8. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    about 40 shots of this one to get it.... guess thats not a bad keeper rate....

9. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very sharp picture

Ben