Look what came today!!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Cleanmaxx Brian, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    This was such a long wait! When I called Cameta today, they said come on in...I dropped everything and jumped into the truck! This is what I brought back home:biggrin:

Next I ran down to the aerodrome and took a few quick shots. Nothing special at all but just wanted to see if I got a decent copy. All shots are at f4!

Today was a good day:biggrin:
  2. MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Congrats and nice pics!!!

3. Congrats - great lens!

Good shots of the RCs. I like the P-51, but it needs a 4 blade prop :)

4. slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I gotta say I lust after one of those bags almost more than the lens! lol. but it would be blashemey to put a sigma tele in there..... :(
  5. Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Hey... I got mine today too!! :biggrin:
  6. Howdy neighbor! You are only a few minutes away from me!

Where/what do you shoot mostly?
    You can see my targets on my pbase site...:wink:
  7. Brian -- Congrats --It is a great lens!

8. Oh no, not another one :Shocked:

I have to set up a warning filter for "200-400" ...
  9. Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Harry... don't even try to resist...:biggrin: :biggrin:
  10. I ain't goin there!

let me rephrase my tired self -- congratulations on such a fine lens! And glad you're already having fun with it!
  11. Congratulations on your new baby! :biggrin: Having fun already with it!
  12. Congratulations! I'm envious. The plane shots are great. I especially like the P-51 Mustang model. Lots of work making that plane.

13. macroach

Jul 19, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    That's one thing I miss about C----. I never had to weep over the 200-400 VR because they had nothing like it. Every time I see one go by I begin to think what I could sell to get one...possibly my firstborn, etc. Somehow I always come up short.

Beautiful lens though. Enjoy! I'll save up enough over the next 6 years to get one. 'twill be a sweet moment indeed.
  14. GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Congratulations! I enjoyed all your pictures from the box down to the last plane picture. You'll never get tired of that lens!
  15. Greg V

Greg V

Feb 19, 2007
    SE Michigan
    Congrats on that beauty. I am close to pulling the trigger myself. I have a couple located, now I need to whether to deplete the bank account a bit!
  16. Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Man I can only dream of affording something like that. I'm stuck to $1k purchases. You are one lucky guy.
  17. Congrats on a gorgeous lens!

A year or so ago I ventured in to the local camera shop and asked to see the 200-400. They pulled one out for me and I quickly determined that there was no way I could handle that lens, just no way..... This was back when I was still shooting primarily handheld and was not using a tripod much because I didn't have a decent setup. The 200-400 was just too heavy for me and that was that, I said.....

Heh, a year later, after I finally got myself set up with a good tripod and the Wimberley gimbal head one day the thought flashed through my head that now I could use ANY long lens I wanted. Weight isn't so much of an issue any more. So far I haven't gone after that 200-400mm, as I'm really happy with my 300mm f/2.8 but that thought lingers in the back of my mind, teasing me....
  18. Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Don't try one... you might just buy it.:biggrin: :biggrin:
  19. Congratulations! How come suddenly there are so many threads about this lens? :confused:

A few weeks ago, I went to my favorite camera shop for some accessories, and the owner had a wicked smile on his face telling me that he had a 200-400 there. I wisely warned him not to take it out for me to take a look and try.
  20. It does seem to be a lot of new people joining the club. I think it has to do with spring and getting ready for a new season of summer shooting. That and there is a mission to give everyone hear a bad case of the lens lust :-P